Our Contact Details
Name: Understanding Recruitment Ltd
Address: Abbeyview, 38-40 The Maltings, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 3HL
Phone Number: +44(0)1727 807 090
Version: June 2021
Who We Are And What We Do
Understanding Recruitment Ltd are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business).
We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Understanding Recruitment’s call recording.
Our nominated representative is Lisa Booth.
Purpose Of This Policy
Understanding Recruitment Ltd has a phone system capable of recording incoming and outgoing calls. Like standard practice within many organisations, we utilise phone recording to aid with training, monitoring and compliance purposes.
In order to maintain the highest levels of services, we need to record telephone calls and retain them for a period of time on occasion.
Understanding Recruitment shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999
- The Human Rights Act 1998
Scope of Policy
Some of Understanding Recruitment’s calls whether incoming or outgoing will be recorded. Under normal circumstances a call will not be retrieved, monitored or retained for longer than 90 days unless:
- It will aid standards in call handling through use in training and coaching our employees
- It is necessary to investigate a complaint
- It is required to be used as evidence in a legal dispute
- There is a threat to the health and safety of employees or visitors or for the prevention or detection of crime
- It is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures
- If it becomes clear that a communication is private, then the conversation will not be included in routine audit and reviews
- If the person making the call says that they do not wish to have their call recorded, the call will be ended and any recording deleted
The Collection of Data Through Recordings
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes
- accessible only to administrative/managerial employees as part of training and coaching process
- treated confidentially
- stored securely
- not kept for longer than necessary and will be securely destroyed once the issue(s) in question have been resolved/the purpose has been fulfilled.
Legal Basis For Processing Data Through Recordings
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the main lawful bases we rely on for processing the information mentioned above are:
Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests
Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR says that we can process your data where it "is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by [us] or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of [you] which require protection of personal data."
After undertaking a legitimate interest assessment, we do not believe that the processing of your data for the purposes we have outlined in the policy prejudice individuals. We believe that processing your data the way we do allows us to provide you with a more professional and efficient recruitment services. You do, however, have the right to object to us processing your information on this basis. Recording phone calls allows us to provide better training and coaching to our employees and improve our services to candidates, prospectus candidates, clients and prospectus clients. Additionally, recording phone calls also allows us to evaluate the quality of service we are providing and whether our compliance is being maintained, protecting our reputation and allowing us to address any dispute or query which may arise.
Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
We are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
Changes to our Policy
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org