Site Reliability Engineer
I'm looking to recruit a Site Reliability Engineer to join the founding team of a stealth-mode startup poised to scale into a social media giant, with founders who made a 7 figure exit on their last venture in this space.
You will get the chance to work with veterans in the industry, with backing and former engineers from FAANG and other big players in the space. This team of 30 are aiming to bring social networking back to where they used to be, focusing on in-person relationships rather than brand deals and doom-scrolling.
If you're a fan of 'How Google Runs Production Systems', you'll fit in well here, as the team considers Site Reliability to be a key part of the core engineering teams, working on the efficiency of their (Mostly Rust) codebase, the performance of their hybrid cloud Infrastructure, and the scalability of their Kubernetes ecosystem. This is all while bearing in mind their infrastructure needs to be able to scale from 0-100 very quickly, with the way social media can gain traction.
Key skills required:
- Strong Programming abilities with large-scale production systems, ideally in an advanced language such as Rust, Go or C++
- Experience in implementing Kubernetes 'the hard way' rather than just managed services
- Previous work history in a dev heavy Site Reliability Engineering position, bonus points if in the social media or adjacent space
This role can offer:
- A state-of-the-art central Paris office (where the team works full-time in person)
- A salary of between €70,000 and €100,000 depending on Seniority
- Stock options, which mean more with founders like this on board
- 7 Weeks holiday (3 of the office being closed, 4 to take when you prefer)
Work type: On-Site Full Time
Salary: Up to €110,000