About the job
💻Senior Backend Engineer (PHP, Python)
💵$160,000 - $220,000
We are currently partnered with an expanding and unique travel platform that focuses on benefiting the consumer, unlike most travel sites. Their rapid search portal allows consumers to find flight, hotel and car deals that aren't available elsewhere. The platform has gained incredible momentum, boasting over 1 million monthly users with thousands of bookings processed daily!
The team are well and truly on board their mission of becoming the world's largest travel site due to the platform's early success. They have created a high-growth business, and are looking to onboard a talented engineer to join the team.
- Write high-quality and highly scalable code in Python and PHP.
- Collaborate with Cross Functional teams in a highly efficient manner.
- Integrate third party APIs to create exceptional user experience.
- Remain thirsty for knowledge adhering to optimal engineering practices, especially in API development.
- A college degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of full-time Software Engineering experience.
- Be extremely comfortable in both PHP and Python and their ecosystems. You need to be advanced level at both.
- Strong experience in Data algorithms and structures
- Experience in working on a high-traffic user platform.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the Travel industry.
- Experience deploying and scaling applications on AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with containers, i.e Docker.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k matching.
- Generous vacation.
- Competitive salary and equity portion