Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
London - 2 days a week in office
Up to £125,000
A well-established leader in the field of enterprise information archiving, providing advanced cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. Their primary focus is on securely capturing and preserving communication data for highly regulated organizations globally. They empower their clients with enhanced visibility and control over their data to ensure compliance with the most stringent regulations.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be responsible for overseeing testing resources within a small, highly specialized team tasked with delivering cutting-edge React-based applications that are an integral part of our platform. Your role is to ensure the implementation of effective and efficient testing strategies within your area of responsibility, with a strong emphasis on shift-left testing principles. You will be at the forefront of driving continuous improvement in your team's automation frameworks and test coverage while mentoring other SDETs on cutting-edge technologies and best practices. Your hands-on participation will be pivotal in ensuring the quality of coverage, code, and product delivery.
- Manage performance assessments and the hiring process for a small team of SDETs.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of the team's testing and automation strategies.
- Advocate for the use of contract testing for both consumer and producer components.
- Define and organize the team's test planning for product releases.
- Contribute to the design and coding of automation frameworks, tests, and testing tools.
- Participate actively in team planning and story grooming sessions.
- Engage in test execution, issue identification, and resolution to support product releases.
- Propose and implement enhancements to automation and test processes.
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries.
- Provide training, mentorship, and support to fellow team members.
- Conduct code reviews, enhancing and upholding the quality of the automation code.
- Document the automation framework, tools, and infrastructure to ensure knowledge sharing and continuity.
If you are a passionate SDET with front-end expertise and a drive for innovation and experience managing a small team (1-2-1s, reviews performance plans etc), we encourage you to apply and become a part of our dynamic team. Your contributions will play a pivotal role in ensuring the quality and integrity of our solutions.
They are committed to fostering diversity, inclusion, and a collaborative work environment that is free from barriers. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage them to apply for any of our openings.